Basic Bikini Waxing Styles
Regular Sugaring Bikini Wax: Removes the hair outside the panty line. A regular bikini wax is ideal for simple clean-up.
Full Bikini Wax: Removes a deeper line of hair from the panty line and may involve waxing some hair from the top for a defined ‘triangle’ area.
Brazilian Bikini Wax: Removes all hair from front to back. Sometimes a small strip or triangle is left.
Our Salt Lake City Brazilian sugaring is ideal in sensitive bikini areas and for those with sensitive skin, eliminating razor burn, ingrown hairs, irritation and infection.
Before Your Bikini or Brazilian Wax / Sugaring Appointment:
Body sugaring is the preferred hair removal method over waxing for many reasons, most notably it is much less painful or irritating to the skin than body wax.
- Start off slowly. Your first sugaring bikini wax may not the time to try a Brazilian. Know your pain threshold. If you're new to waxing, you may choose to go with a basic bikini wax. You can always decide to remove more hair the next time around.
- Grow your hair out 1/6 of an inch (typically 2 weeks growth).
- Keep your Skin Moisturized. Dry skin can end up feeling itchy and irritated after an bikini or brazilian wax. Be sure to moisturize your skin well before a wax for healthy, soft skin afterwards.
- Plan your brazilian or bikini wax after your period. In many cases, the pain threshold is higher in the week after your period than beforehand.
- Shower and lightly exfoliate your entire bikini area right before your sugaring wax appointment using warm, not hot water. Don’t use any lotions in bikini area on day of bikini waxing.
How Long does Hair Need to be for Sugaring?
Sugaring wax can extract very short hairs. Typically, hot waxing requires you to have longer hair. With sugaring wax, your hair needs to be about 1/6 of an inch long. What that equates to is about 2 weeks of growth after your last shave. The first time is always the hardest, but sugaring can stunt the hair growth and it can thin your hair out. The second sugaring hair treatment will be half the time and half the hair. We apply the sugar paste and pull with the hair follicle instead of against it. This greatly reduces irritation and ensures the whole hair is extracted to provide you with a longer time in between waxing appointments. If you keep up with your appointments, about every 4-5 weeks, your hair will remain thin, soft and easy to remove. Avoid spray tans or self-tanning until after your waxing appointment.
Have You Been Sugared Yet?
Advanced Body Sugaring Epilation offers numerous unique and diverse benefits. The most important advantage is very fundamental: the Alexandria technique and sugar paste formulation extracts the hair in its natural direction of growth while the hair is still in the early growth stage (Anagen stage). This eliminates hair breakage, unnecessary discomfort, irritation and ingrown hairs while exfoliating dry skin cells.Book Online